Plastic Tubing is regarded as one of the most preferred materials to be used in today’s industry. Many people undervalue the ability of flexible plastic tubing to suit extreme industrial conditions. Plastic seems to good material which can be utilized in industries that do not need adequate amounts of heat and pressure. Plastic tubing is made out of tough resin, such as polysulfone that can sustain high pressure and temperature. Plastic tubes can able to resist chemicals & other corrosive actions.
Similar to the steel counterpart, plastic tubing can be developed into several non-circular shapes like rectangular or flat, depending upon its usage. A wide range of industries like aerospace or medical industries will expect for the plastic tubes which follow top-notch quality, industry-approved guidelines during the production of plastic tubes. The flexible plastic tubing is mainly used extensively by industries in the highway, irrigation, and drainage areas. A mixture of elements and chemicals are employed to make durable plastics and are usually industry specific.
Why is it Essential to Prefer Plastic Tubing?
Stainless steel tubing and steel tubing, when compared with plastic tubing with regards to tensile strength can win over the crunch of the number but not in terms of materials cost. The amount of cost needed to manufacture half a dozen pieces of stainless steel or steel tubing to fit single section of the huge manufacturing process, you can create several hundred flexible plastic tubing cuts which could have the same durability for a specific process. The key features of plastic include resin blend and wall thickness.
When it arrives for outfitting the delicate medical equipment or intricate machinery designs, there is no other versatile material than flexible plastic tubes. The plastic pipes are made up of harder and denser materials. It can be cut to fit properly and also fit the design by making use of joints, connectors, and clamps. Flexible tubing seems to be cut to an approximate and exact length and then threaded all over the mechanism from one point to another without any additional fittings.
If pipes and tubes made from other materials are to be utilized to transfer corrosive substances, they need to be treated to sustain the presence of such substances. This is not the situation with plastic tubing. If the plastic tube has to be resistant to another substance, then that resistance seems to be the part of the tube at the time of manufacturing. Thus, plastic tubing can ensure more functionality & good results without the additional cost of treatment.
What are the Applications of Plastic Tubes?
- The Packaging of Food: Plastic is massively employed in food industries for the sake of packaging. Food packaging keeps food free from contamination or damage during the time of distribution.
- Nozzle Twist Top-Cap: The caps are air-tight and water fit. Twist opening/closing of caps creates a newer smooth twist on quality closures. Plastic tubes seem to be capped in-lined, printed and manufactured in several finishes and colors, decorated using plenty of different processes such as hot stamping and silk screening.
- Screw Caps: Plastic tubes having rapid screw thread that ensures complete leak tightness & withstands the cap in times of handling, centrifugal, transport, and storage.
- Dental: Plastic tubing has become preferably used in the industries of toothpaste. There are different kinds of plastic tube caps. Barrier coated co-extruded tubes seems to have out-performed laminate tubes for holding aggressive ingredients present in toothpaste-like fluoride.
- Pharmaceutical: Plastic packaging in pharmaceutical industries seems to be highly suitable for their proposed usage that is the packaging system must effectively protect the pharmaceutical product. It must be well-suited with the pharmaceutical product and must be composed of materials which are safer to use.
- Cosmetics: In the fashion-driven market, the facade of cosmetic packaging takes precedence. Since cosmetic products are developed for outer body parts, their packaging offers innocuousness and protection on the allergic and microbiological level.
Therefore, the plastic tubes are highly preferable choice among industrial owners. It is used in different industries to cater to their extensive needs.