Once you are married the second stage of your life that awaits you is motherhood. Becoming a mother is the best of the boons that a lady seeks from God. But, unfortunately, some of the women are not able to conceive due to some physical disabilities or medical situation. The news of infertility crashes the small castle of love, affection and makes the future looks dark and nothing else.
The pain of not being able to carry a child in your womb is next to death for a lady. After innumerable dreams of the child playing around you suddenly you have to picture an empty pram, no giggles and the lack of the child play. Certainly deadliest of the thoughts they are.
The lady thus becomes numb, sad, anxious and unable to focus. And why not after months or years of trying to conceive all you have are empty hands. But if this state continues for long it might develop some serious depression in the lady. The early signs of depression must be recognized and medical help should be sought asap.
Here are some of the different types of signs that tell that your partner might be under depression of not being able to become a mother:
- Lots of fatigue, exhaustion & low energy indicates the primary stage of depression.
- Loss of appetite or irregular change in appetite.
- Sleeping inabilities
- No sexual interest
- The initial behavioral signs of depression are withdrawal from pleasure, people, work and other activities.
- Always sad and crying or sighing.
- Low energy level and increased bed time
- Lack of motivation (The people in depression see everything as an extra effort and hence avoid doing anything)
- Overwhelmed by day to day tasks
- Numbness, apathy, misery, and sadness
- Helplessness is a sign of self-pity
- Feeling of being of no use and self-hate
- Lots of smiles and pleasures.
- Inability to take decisions on their own
- Self-pity, self-blame, and self-criticism
- Loss of concentration
- Thoughts of suicide or self-harm
If you or your partner is dealing with infertility in your marriage you must take care of these signs to prevent the major attack of depression. Remember depression is a state and not a disease hence it must be dealt accordingly. Consult a good therapist who would guide you the best way to come out of this state.
So, what if you can’t conceive a baby the world doesn’t end there. There are many ways to fill this void in your life. All you need to do is deal with the situation positively and with best of your abilities. The light will flash eventually.