The distance of 244 km from Chandigarh to Delhi is going to be a lot easier. Yes, a great news is that soon the journey from Chandigarh to Delhi is going to be really relaxing and comfortable. All this will be through a new high-speed train that will soon be starting. The Tejas Express will travel at a speed of 160 km/hr.
It is not a normal train, it comes with a bundle of great services like UCB charging ports, bio-toilets, LCD screens, Wi-Fi facility and a lot more. Here, let us guide you about few must know things in order to have a smooth journey. Passengers must have full knowledge about The Tejas Express:
- The Tejas Express was built in around 6 months and the amount spent on each coach is 3.25 crore.
- It was earlier planned to run between Goa and Delhi then, later on, it was finalized to run between Delhi and Chandigarh.
- The maximum speed it can go up to is 200 km per hour.
- The final decision of the railway board is yet awaited, but it is expected that it will soon start within this month.
- It is expected to consist of 70 seats out of which 56 will be in the executive class.
- The doors will be in control of guard panel.
- It comes with automatic plug doors which will provide good sound and heat insulation.
- A great feature this train comes with is the bio-toilets, the flushes will have vacuum evacuation. Soap dispenser and sensor tapes will also be there.
- What a wonderful facility it comes up with! Each seat will have a seat belt and can also call the attendant for help anytime. It also offers Wi-Fi facility.
- It will have 19 coaches in the first rake which includes 16 AC chair cars, 2 executive chair cars.
- The next two rakes are being manufactured and the Surat and Mumbai train is expected to run by March 2018.
All in all, a great news for passengers. It is going to make the journey really a lot easier and comfortable.