The ongoing sub-election polls 2016 taking place in 7 States and 1 Union Territory today, on November 22, is almost ready with its list of winners and losers belonging to several parties. The respective by-election result may work as a mirror to the recent demonetization effect eventually hampering some parties or working as a boon to some parties. However, these are the first elections after Narendra Modi-led centre held with the decision of banishing the high-denomination currency. Let’s see what kind of affect it has been hovered over on the parties.
The sub-elections held in regions like Assam, West Bengal, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Pondicherry, Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu. The soon-to-be-out final results in various regions have been mentioned below.
- Madhya Pradesh has a history of BJP-led government in recent past which is commanding over in majority via the assembly polls. It holds 27 seats in the State out of 29 seats in Lok Sabha and with the ongoing by-elections in Nepanagar and Shahdol. BJPs Manju Day has emerged as Winner from Nepanagar assembly seat by 40,600 votes. Shahdol is being dominated by BJP as well.
- West Bengal results are quite clear as Trinamool Congress (TMC)s Parthapratim Roy wins CoochBeharwith 2.32 lakh votes whereas TMC wins with 4,97,525 votes in Tamluk from CPI(M)s Mandira Panda. In Monteswar, TMCs Saikat Panja wins the assembly seat with 1,27,117 votes by a margin of 81% from its rivals thus gaining seats in Lok Sabha as well as Assembly polls.
- In Tripura, CPI(M) has won both the seats in assembly constituencies from Khowai and Barjala with Jhumu Sarkar winning Barjala with 15,769 votes defeating BJPs Shistamohan Das and Biswajit Datta wins Khowai with 24,810 votes defeating TMC candidate Manoj Das.
- Puducherry assembly seat in Nellithope is won by CM V Narayanaswamy with 73% marginal votes summing up to11,155.
- In Tamil Nadu, there are several seats belonging to Assembly polls and Lok Sabha which includeThiruparankundram, Aravakurichi and Thanjavur where AIADMK seems to lead the polls with a margin of 57% whereas its rival DMK seems to struggle with 41% of votes. It definitely a clean sweep win.
- Maharashtrawitnessed by-elections in 4 legislative council seats and 2 municipal body seats in regions likeBhandara-Gondia and Yavatamal. As of now, Congress and BJP are leading with 2 seats each whereas NCP and Shiv Sena with 1 seat each. BJP won 2 seats thus taking over Gondia-Bhandardara (153 votes) as well as Jalgaon (70 votes) by-election polls. Shiv Sena’s Tanaji Yadav mopped Yavatmal seat with 348 votes over Congress’s Shankar Badhe. Pune MLC seat has been won by NCP with 440 votes over BJPs Ashok Yenpure. Congress has won the Satara-Sangli seat from Western Maharashtra by 309 votes wherein Nanded seat has also been won by 246 votes thus defeating an independent candidate.
- Assamis witnessing a win-win situation for BJP candidate PradanBaruah as it leads with 1,71,233 votes in Lakhimpur Lok Sabha seat whereas the reserved seat of Baithalangso is also witnessing a good lead from BJP by 34% margin.
- Arunachal Pradesh‘s Hayuliang seat which fell vacant happened to be under the scanner of by-election polls of which BJP is leading with 1,145 votes against IND candidate after the 3rd of counting, as of now.
Keep checking the latest updates on by-election poll result2016 in these regions through our website.