Bottom and Finding Your Way to the Top: Starting a business is not easy. You have heard of people who started with huge plans of expanding and opening branches all over the world, only to fold up a couple of months later. You wonder what happened to all those grand plans.
Maybe they were not resilient or patient. Maybe they had expectations that were not met. Whatever the case, the one thing any startup entrepreneur should be aware of is this; it is not all smooth. You need to study and learn from those that started from scratch and are now riding the top waves. One way of learning is checking them out online by searching Best of Montana, for instance, or best of California.
How did they get up there?
- If you have a day job, hold on to it.
Don’t write that letter yet. It is not about how much you believe in your new venture. There is no reason why you cannot do both: work for a salary as you build your business. You will find that many people work two or three jobs, or if they have a business, they also have a job with a regular income.
Once you have created a good customer base for your business, then you can consider quitting.
On the flipside, there are those who will advise you to give all your attention to your new venture. If you have some money set aside to run the business and your life as the business picks up, that might work. If you have nothing set aside, you might end up spending the little money that trickles in and ends up with nothing for restocking and other business needs.
- Creating good content gets news about your business out there.
- With the advent of social media, it is possible to create a blog about your business and create great content that will get people reading and subscribing.
- You can use your social media platforms to advertise and promote your business.
- Creating pages on a platform like Facebook is another way to get news about your new venture out there.
- On the same platforms, you can post links to your pages and blogs and get your followers to check what you have to offer.
- Good, relevant content will establish you as an expert in your line of work.
- Aside from articles, you can add videos and photos of your product.
- Your company matters a lot.
If you are not surrounded by people who constantly affirm you and your aspirations, you will find yourself listening to the Negative Nancys and giving up. If possible, have friends in the same industry, and people who have made their own mark or are working hard to make it. Have people around you who believe in and support your vision. If someone does not even buy your product but gives you lectures on how that idea will never work, you need to rethink that relationship.
Searching out websites affiliated with top businesses by simply typing for instance Best of Montana or any other area of your choice will give you more insights of how successful enterprises keep their spot on top of the list of many other businesses.