The concept of branding extends far beyond just a company’s logo, extending up to a business’ core values and the interaction made with customers and suppliers. Particularly in fashion, branding aids in creating and maintaining the reputation of a company, as well as reflects customers’ perception of the organisation. Furthermore, it allows entrepreneurs to build strong loyalties among employees and a sense of ownership for the brand. Here are some of the basic fashion branding techniques that can be employed by start-ups to accelerate their business growth.
- Creation – Creating a brand will require you to chart out the brand values, through which you can portray brand strength, high-quality customer service and innovation. The brand values should not only be in line with your customers’ requirements but also the niche market. Besides focusing on the price and performance, start-ups should also be able to understand what drives their customers or makes them buy certain items. In the process of creating a fashion brand, start-ups should ask existing customers what they like about doing business with you. Enquiring potential customers what they look for when making buying decisions can give entrepreneurs useful information to help develop their business and brand.
- Building – Building your brand will require you to focus on what your customers want and how you can guarantee to deliver it, by being consistent in your service. Customers should also be made aware of every other point of contact that they can have with you that may include phone calls, letters or emails. In order to build your brand efficiently, it is essential for you to consistently communicate the brand values to your customers. After having defined your brand values and your customers’ needs, you will need to focus on areas such as:
- Brand name;
- Names of products or services;
- Brand logo;
- Style and quality of items;
- Product pricing and packaging;
- Business premises;
- Brand advertising;
- The hiring of employees;
- Designing the company’s website.
- Managing – Employees hired while the building of a brand plays a crucial part in managing your brand because. The quality of employees can have a powerful impact on the customers’ perception of your business. Making your employees believe in the purpose of your brand will motivate them in providing effective action while dealing with colleagues and customers. Additionally, setting up a suggestion scheme or taking the time to discuss the brand and its performance on a regular basis can enhance work productivity among employees.
- Reviewing – Reviewing a brand involves taking regular feedback from satisfied customers to check that your business is consistently delivering the promises in alignment with brand values. Utilising the data from the survey made by consultation with your customers, suppliers and employees can give you assess to a wider perception of your brand. This reviewing process can bring in growth opportunities that can assist you in expanding your business.
- Budgeting – Maintaining a budget is essential for the running of a successful brand, which can allow you to satisfactorily deliver products and services to customers. Budgeting will focus on prioritising the expenditure on your branding effort to ensure that the brand propose is efficiently delivering brand expectations and promoting brand values.
If you are willing to make your business stand out in the competitive market, then taking up a fashion branding programme can help you acquire the right skills. Fashion branding courses are a perfect way to equip yourself with a wide range of creative and technical skills that can help you build your own company in the fashion or textile industry. So, enrol into an HNC/D in Fashion and Textiles undergraduate course today to expand your design skills into real-time practice.