Should You Make Your Own Green Juice or Buy Green Juice Powder: Green drinks are all the rage today as their health benefits are becoming clear to many people. While there have been many health fads that have come and gone, green juice is clearly not one of them. It is here to stay. If you have decided to give green drinks a try, you may be wondering whether it is better to make your own green juice at home or buy green juice powder. Each of these options has its pros and cons as explained below.
Making your own green juice at home
- It is pretty easy to make your own green juice at home as most of the ingredients are easy to find at your local grocery store. The ingredients include green leafy vegetables like spinach, broccoli, kale and lettuce, grasses like wheatgrass and barley grass, and fruits such as pineapples and lime.
- There are also many recipes online that you can use to change it up from time to time so that you keep things interesting.
- You can make your green juice exactly how you want it; you can achieve your desired texture and taste and have all the nutrients you want to have in it. You do not have this option with a store-bought green juice powder.
- Making your own green juice can be quite a hassle if you have a busy work schedule. You may find yourself slacking on it and not having it as regularly as you would wish to.
- Homemade green juice might not have a pleasant taste because the main ingredients are the vegetables. If you are a hardcore juicer, this might not be a problem at all. However, for beginners, the taste can put them off and they might never want to try green juice again.
Green juice powder
- Green juice powders often contain more nutrients than homemade green juice. This is because some ingredients are not easily accessible. These include things like bee pollen and sea vegetables which are very nutritious. This makes most green juice powders healthier than homemade green juice.
- You do not need to spend any time preparing your juice. You only need to add the powder to a glass of water or a smoothie and enjoy all the healthy goodness.
- Since these juices are made by experts, most of them taste great but are still very healthy. Check out this great review of Organifi.
- Some green juice powders claim to contain very many nutrients in order to get customers to buy them. While this may be true, you might find that the amounts of some nutrients in the powder are so small that they do not benefit you in any way.
- Some green juices contain artificial sweeteners, and this is counterproductive for people who are trying to avoid sugar or lose weight.
The final decision is up to you. Weigh your options and see what works better for your health needs. You can also choose to use both green juice powder and your own homemade green juice in order to reap the benefits of both.