Quantum computing is a disruptive technology, an advance in computation and computer processing like we have not seen before, in which it will help, among other things, to make the blockchain more secure and efficient.
It is not simply an improved version of the computer we use every day. Quantum computing is a totally different paradigm that works with qubits and quantum mechanics instead of the binary bit of classical digital computing.
In this article we are going to learn about the fundamentals of this technology, examples attonuclei.com of real applications and challenges.
Possibilities Of Quantum Computing
The new technologies that are being developed from quantum computing are areas in full development. We will see its potential in the coming years, when we move from the digital age to the quantum age. To achieve this, the design and implementation of quantum algorithms are currently being studied. The goal is to perform operations in less time and requiring fewer computing resources, achieving unprecedented efficiency.
Quantum Computing Applications
Quantum computing applications move around performing operations in a different way than today. Under this premise, research groups around the world work on research in very diverse areas. Here are some concrete examples:
- Selection of the optimal path between two points with the least number of steps or attempts among all possible paths.
- Break crypto keys currently used by computer viruses for data hijacking, such as ransom ware.
- Development of fraud detection systems with applications in the banking and finance sectors.
- Processing of genetic data used in DNA research.
- Reduction of the time of creation of new drugs. Merck with the Quantum computing task force (QCTF) initiative is developing a project for this purpose. Another example is the combination of quantum physics with machine learning applied to the generation of new drugs.
- Application of quantum algorithms to solve optimization problems. This allows the development of new technologies applicable to the design of medical scanners used in cancer diagnosis.
Challenges For The Daily Use Of Quantum Computing
Although there is great interest in quantum computing and large investments are made in research and development projects in the area, it still has several challenges to overcome:
- Be functional and accessible at the level of personal use
- Lack of proprietary languages to program quantum computing solutions
- Development to build some models and processors applied to quantum computers.
Yes, your applications are expected to improve data storage, transfer and processing capacity. Its impact will thus be felt in information and communication technologies. Also in other areas such as education, work, industry, agriculture or finance. The inter-American development bank analyzes in the quantum technologies report.
A transversal and interdisciplinary opportunity for digital transformation and social impact stems from this technological and social impact.
Quantum computing still has a long way to go. However, it is already showing that it will be a paradigm that will change our world. Quantum computing has a future linked to other innovations such as artificial intelligence and deep learning networks, with advances that make it more and more present.