NEET (UG) 2017: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is set to invite online applications for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) – 2017. For the first time, CBSE will hold NEET-UG, 2017 for admission to MBBS/BDS courses for all the students who want to enrol themselves in the medical or dental colleges. The entrance test will be conducted for admission to the MBBS and BDS courses in India. The institutions run with the approval of the Medical Council of India and the Dental Council of India under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The candidates who are eager to pursue MBBS and BDS degrees from the government, private and deemed colleges and universities established in any state or union territory of India have to fill NEET application form 2017 according to the Supreme Court’s Order of 2016 on NEET.
The examination will be conducted in 80 cities and in 1500 examination centres fixed across the country. Last year both the NEET-I and NEET-II 8, 02,594 candidates were registered for the exam. According to the new rule this year in all the seats of MBBS and BDS courses the admission will be made through NEET (UG) 2017.
NEET 2017: Exam Date
As we have already mentioned in our previous article, the Central Board of Secondary Education will conduct the NEET examination on May 7th. The board has officially confirmed the examination date on January 31. The candidates can submit online application from January 31 to March 1 from their official website.
Online Registration of NEET (UG) 2017
For registration the candidates need to give the information of the listed things:
- Candidate’s name
- Date of Birth
- Mother’s name
- Father’s name
- Mobile number
- Email id
- Contact details
- State domicile
- Parents/guardian’s details
- Number of qualifying examination
- The Year of passing Class X
- The name of school where studied Class X
- Percentage Obtained in Class X
- Year of passing Class XII
- The name of school where studied Class XII
- Percentage Obtained in Class XII
How to Register for NEET (UG) 2017
- Download NEET 2017 information brochure and Fill the online application form of NEET 2017 and generate a registration number.
- Recheck the application details
- Upload images, signature and right-hand index finger impression
- Payment of application fee
- Please generate NEET 2017 application form confirmation page
- Candidates must keep 2 to 3 print outs of the confirmation page
NEET (UG) 2017: Application Fee
General and OBC: Rs. 1400 (without late fee)/ Rs. 2800 (1400+1400) (with late fee)
SC/ST/PH: Rs. 750 (without late fee)/ Rs. 2150 (750+1400) (with late fee)
NEET (UG) 2017: Important Dates[table id=85 /]
NEET (UG) 2017:Things to Remember
- Aadhaar number is required to fill up the online application for the candidates of all states except J&K, Assam and Meghalaya.
- A new system has been created to address the request of the registered candidates through login ID of the individual candidate.
- NEET 2017 form fee money can only be paid through Credit Card/Debit Card/Internet Banking/E-challan at designated banks only.
- The NEET-UG exam will be conducted in six additional languages from the academic session of 2017-18. According to the statement released by the Union Health Ministry that the exam will be conducted in Gujarati, Marathi, Assamese,Bengali,Telugu and Tamil, apart from the conventional English, Hindi.
- There shall be three attempts available uniformly for all the candidates in NEET examination.
- The examination will be conducted in 80 cities across the country. Indian citizens, non-resident Indians, overseas citizens of India, a person of Indian origin and foreign nationals are eligible too, to appear in NEET (UG) 2017. They will also be eligible for 15 per cent all India quota seats.
- The upper age limit of the candidates is 25 years on the date of conduct of examination in which five years relaxation has been given to the reserved category candidates.
- The candidates who do not have access to the internet can also apply for the exam. CBSE has made common service centres or facilitation centre across the country. These service centres will provide help and support to the candidates in online submission of NEET 2017 application form. This must be noted that candidates have to pay the examination fee with e-wallet services to fill up the form through common services centre.
We wish good luck to all the eager candidates for the upcomingNEET (UG) 2017. Fill up theNEET 2017 form as early as possible and start preparing for the exam.