GES 2017 will see-profile names and personalities descend on Hyderabad, the most notable among them being Prime Minister Narendra Modi and senior White House consul and the daughter of American President Donald Trump, Ivanka
For the next three days, Hyderabad will play host to the first south-Asian edition of the Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES), which is being organised by the NITI Aayog in partnership with the government of the United States of America.
GES 2017 will see-profile names and personalities descend on Hyderabad, the most notable among them being Prime Minister Narendra Modi and senior White House advisor and the daughter of American President Donald Trump, Ivanka.
Ivanka, who is leading the US delegation for GES 2017, isalready in Hyderabad for the summit, which will be inaugurated by PM Modi later today.
The GES has previously been held in Washington DC, Istanbul, Dubai, Marrakech, Nairobi, Kuala Lumpur, and Silicon Valley. The GES 2017 will highlight the theme “Women First, Prosperity for All” and focus on supporting women entrepreneurs.
HERE ARE THE LIVE UPDATES FROM THE FIRST DAY OF GES 2017
- Meanwhile, the city of Hyderabad is bracing for a trouble Tuesday as VVIP movement is likely to throw the city’s traffic out of gear. Several schools have declared a holiday today while traffic police in both Hydeberabad and Cyberabad have put in place a number of restrictions. Read our complete guide on thetraffic restrictions in Hyderabad here.
- At this edition of the Global Entrepreneur Summit, around 52.5 per cent of the participants will be women, making this the first GES where women will be in majority.
— NITI Aayog (@NITIAayog) November 28, 2017
- With inauguration of the GES 2017 just hours away, the US embassy in India shared a comment American Secretary of State Rex Tillerson previously made about the summit and the relationship between New Delhi and Washington. “Indians and Americans don’t just share an affinity for democracy. We share a vision of the future,” Tillerson, the American equivalent for a minister for external affairs, had said.
— U.S. Embassy India (@USAndIndia) November 28, 2017
- Minister of External Affairs Sushma Swaraj and Minister of Defence Nirmala Sitharaman too will be at GES 2017. They are expected to address the forum over the next two days.
- Ivanka Trump was received in Hyderabad by Kenneth Juster, the newly appointed US ambassador to India, and Navtej Sarna, New Delhi’s ambassador in Washington.
— ANI (@ANI) November 28, 2017
- (Video: Twitter/ANI)
- While Ivanka has been to India before, this is her first visit as a senior White House adviser. PM Narendra Modi had invited Ivanka earlier this year during his visit to the US
Warm welcome to a special guest. Advisor to the President of the USA @IvankaTrump arrives in Hyderabad. She is leading the US delegation to the eighth edition of Global Entrepreneurship Summit 2017 pic.twitter.com/HNh29RNAfg
— Raveesh Kumar (@MEAIndia) November 27, 2017
- This is the first time that the Global Entrepreneurship Summit is being held in a south-Asian country.
- Security has been tightened in Hyderabad ahead of Ivanka’s visit and the city is all decked up to receive delegations from across the world.
— ANI (@ANI) November 27, 2017
- Based around the theme “Women First, Prosperity for All”, the summit will focus on supporting women entrepreneurs and fostering economic growth globally. Women entrepreneurs from 127 countries are participating, with more than 10 countries having an all-female delegation.
- Preparations are on in full swing for the Global Entrepreneurship Summit 2017.
— NITI Aayog (@NITIAayog) November 27, 2017
- US ambassador to India Ken Juster earlier toured the exhibits with NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant.
#Hyderabad is abuzz with #GES2017 preparations. @NITIAayog CEO @amitabhk87 and I toured the impressive exhibits. Great energy & a fitting recognition of the enormous innovation and entrepreneurship in #USIndia and the world. Can’t wait until tomorrow! @GES2017 pic.twitter.com/Qsr0kMJGTP
— Ken Juster (@USAmbIndia) November 27, 2017