JEE Mains 2017:The registration procedure for the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2017 will begin from December 1, 2016. The last date to apply online will be 2nd January 2017. The Central Board of Secondary Education will conduct the 5th Joint Entrance Examination (Main) 2017 on Sunday, 2nd April 2017 according to the schedule. So here we are giving all the necessary details possible to help the candidate to register their names for JEE Mains 2017 smoothly.
JEE Mains 2017: New Regulations
The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India has notified following changes in the upcoming JEE pattern for 2017.
- There shall be no importance for the 12th class marks in calculating the ranks in the JEE (Main) examination.
- for the admission in the IITs/NITs/IIITs and such other CFTIs where the admissions are based on the JEE (Advanced)/JEE(Main) ranks, the candidates will have to secure at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST students the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
- The governing body has also allowed 20000 more students for JEE Advanced 2017. So there will be a total of 2, 20,000 candidates who will clear the JEE Main Examination 2017 and will be eligible to seat for the JEE Advanced Examination 2017.
- The notification published on the official website also stated that the aspirants thinking to seat for the JEE Main 2017 exam should hold an Aadhaar Card issued by UIDAI.
JEE Main Exam 2017: Steps to Apply
- Log on to the official website for the exam, jeemain.nic.in
- On the bottom of the home page, there will be a link saying apply for JEE mains 2017,
- Click on the link and download the information bulletin.
- Read all the instructions carefully and make sure you have all scanned documents, Aadhaar card number, valid email ID and mobile phone number before applying.
- Fill the form and pay the fee.
- Do not forget to take a print out of the form after completion.
JEE Main 2017 Examination Dates to be Remembered
JEE Main 2017 Registration Period: 1st December 2016 to 2nd January 2017
Last Date of Fees Payment: 3rd January 2017
JEE Main 2017 Exam Date: 2nd April 2017
JEE Main 2017 Result: 27th April 2017 (tentative)
JEE Main 2017: Important Notes
- The eligibility criteria for JEE mains and JEE advanced is different. Ensure you know all details.
- Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Nagaland and Odisha, from this year, will be admitting students in their respective engineering colleges through the JEE exam instead of conducting their own state-level examinations.
- There are quite a few changes in the entrance exam this year. Candidates are advised to read all eligibility criteria carefully before applying.