iOS 10 Update:Apple has launched a host of new updates for iOS 10, watchOS 3, and tvOS 10,for its mobile devices, Apple Watch, and the Apple TV 4th generation. The update has brought several enhancements like in iMessage apps, revamped Photos, Apple Music, and Apple Maps, improved Siri with third-party integration, etc.
iOS 10 Compatibility:
You can upgrade to iOS 10 now through Settings > General > Software Update. All iPhones starting with iPhone 5 are compatible with iOS 10. Those are – iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus,iPhone SE, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c andiPhone 5. All iPods from iPod touch 6th generation is compatible for the all new iOS update.The following iPads are eligible for the iOS 10 update: iPad Pro 12.9-inch, iPad Pro 9.7-inch, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4th generation, iPad 3rd generation, iPad 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2 and iPad mini.
- Some of the significant new features that the updates brings are:
- New App Store for iMessage, Bubble effects let you send messages loudly, gently, slam or with invisible ink
- Full-screen effects to celebrate special moments
- Siri now works with new types of apps
- Maps will now make proactive suggestions for places you’re likely to go next, based on your routine or appointments in Calendar
- Advanced face recognition designed with deep learning to automatically group similar faces together
- Apple Music has been completely revamped
- Apple has slightly changed the design of the Control Center. A menu appears when you swipe up from the bottom of the screen, among others.
Besides iOS 10, Apple has also launched watch OS 3 update that is making the Apple Watch three times faster. It has changed the way users are interacting with the Watch.