People nowadays celebrate Women’s Day, originally known as International Working Women’s Day on 8th March. The day celebrates womanhood and their contributions to the society. Women’s Day is celebrated in India just like Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day. Women’sDay 2017 not only highlights the importance of gender equality but it also highlights the social and economic contributions of a woman. Not only in Women’s Day but women should have the freedom of choice, freedom regarding sexuality throughout the year. Mao Tse Tungfamously started that “Women hold up half the sky.” So if Women are not properly educated, then society cannot prosper. A woman should have the same opportunities which a man gets.
Before celebrating International Women’s Day we ought to know about the history. Women’s emancipation has a troubled history. Virginia Woolf famously stated that “The history of men’s oppositionto women’s emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” Women have to struggle against misogynist and sexist attitude not only in India but all over the world. A solidarity march happened in India on 21st January 2017 which voiced the fact that women have equal rights to go out, to live their life as they want. The march happened as a protest against the mass sexual assaults in New Delhi and other places on New Year’s Eve and the justifications of the politicians that woman are responsible for harassments against them. Women are victimized through religious rituals, treatments and even in mythology. On 21st January there was a worldwide protest which included women’s rights, freedom of religion, LGBTQ rights, immigration reforms, racial equality. The rallies were aimed at Donald Trump because of his statements, some of which were a strongly anti-woman. The woman’s march in Washington gave the bold message that human rights are Women’s rights as well.
Women’s Day Free Wallpaper 2017
Here areacouple of free Women’s day wallpapers for you to download. Make it your PC wallpaper, or send it to a friend to wish them Happy Women’s Day.
Women’s Day HD Pictures And Photos with Quotes
An addition of mesmerizing quotes which can bright up a woman’s day. These aren’t just quotes by famous women; these are every women’s guide through life.
- “A feminist is anyone who recognizes the equality and full humanity of women and men.” – Gloria Steinem
- “We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “For I conclude that the enemy is not lipstick, but guilt itself; we deserve lipstick, if we want it, AND free speech; we deserve to be sexual AND serious – or whatever we please. We are entitled to wear cowboy boots to our own revolution.” -Naomi Wolf
- “At the end of the day, don’t forget that you are a person, don’t forget you are a mother, don’t forget you are a wife, don’t forget you are a daughter.” – Indra Nooyi
- “The education and empowerment of women throughout the world cannot fail to result in a more caring, tolerant, just and peaceful life for all.” -Aung San Suu Kyi
- “Beauty is about being comfortable in your own skin. It’s about knowing and accepting who you are.” – Ellen DeGeneres
- “Don’t let anyone tell you you’re weak because you’re a woman.” – Mary Kom
- “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” – Michelle Obama
- “Girls should never be afraid to be smart.” – Emma Watson
Thus instead of restricting a woman’s movement, we need to educate our children that every individual is equal irrespective of his or her gender, caste, race. Nobody is born with hatred, but it is installed by the environment. We deserve a bias-free world. So Happy Women’s Day to all the Woman.