Ever since Aadhar enrolment is initiated all over India, majority of services are being linked with Aadhar card number only. The only motive behind introducing Aadhar unique identity code for everyone is to create a uniform system of identity verification throughout the country. It has faced many issues and allegations since the project is launched, but at the end of the day, central government wants everyone to enroll them. By enrolling for Aadhar, you can make many of your tasks easier. You can link it with your LPG gas for receiving the subsidy directly in your bank account. Also, it can be used as standard identity verification document at various government institutions.
Many people are doubtful about linking their Aadhar card details with bank account. The only reason behind this is to keep track of illegal transaction and check for tax defaulters. Due to biometric registration, many people fear the violation of their privacy concerns. But Government of India is enthusiastically encouraging people to link their bank account with Aadhar card number. Before
we explain the whole procedure and tell you about online and offline linking, we would like to explain the benefits of linking Aadhar card with your bank account.
Benefits of linking Aadhar Card with Bank Account
The Government of India has ensured that Aadhar unique identification code provides benefit to all the citizens of India in all terms. Given below are some of the benefits of linking Aadhar card number with bank account.
- All your data can be revived by using your Aadhar card number within a short span of time.
- As soon as any transaction takes place in your bank account, you will be sent notification through SMS on the number which is registered with Aadhar card.
- It becomes easy to make transaction anytime and anywhere with the help of your Aadhar card number.
- Due to biometric registration, the chance of facing discrepancy with bank account is reduced to maximum extent.
- In case any false data about your bank account is being circulated around, you can get the fair details immediately using your Aadhar card number.
- Your LPG subsidy and other benefits which come under various schemes introduced by Government of India, will be given to you as long as you have Aadhar card number linked with your bank account.
- You can easily produce your income tax details and get fair returns on the same by linking your Aadhar card number with your bank account.
Process of linking Aadhar Card With Your Bank Account
There are two different ways of linking your Aadhar card number with your bank account. You can choose either of the two as per your own comfort and need. Given below are their systematic procedures through which you can easily link the bank account.
This is one of the easiest methods to link your Eaadhar card number with your bank account. Make sure you have internet banking facility available for your bank account. Also, you must confirm from your bank that it provides its customers the online banking facility. Follow the procedures given below.
- First of all you will have to log in to internet banking portal of your respective bank account.
- As soon as you log in, you will see a link where it will be written “Update Aadhar Card details” or “Aadhar card seeding.”
- Click that link and a form like portal will appear.
- You will have to enter the details of your Aadhar card in respective fields.
- After entering the details, verify them again with your original document to avoid any kind of error.
- Hit the submit button to submit all the details about your Aadhar card.
- Your online application for linking Aadhar card with your bank account will be safely stored in the database of your respective bank.
After this, verification process will start and your bank official will try to verify whether the details entered are correct or not. As soon as the process gets completed, your application will be processed for next step. You will be getting notification about each and every step through e-mail or text message on the registered mobile number.
In case you do not have internet banking facility, or if you are not much aware of its procedure, you can use the offline method to link your Aadhar card with your bank account. This is an easier process for everyone who is unaware of the online procedure. Given below are the steps which must be followed properly without fail.
- First of all you need to get a hard copy of the form to apply for linking your Aadhar card with bank account. If not hard copy, you can directly download the soft copy of the same and take the print out.
- Then you must fill the details correctly by checking each and everything with your original document.
- Make sure you enter your Aadhar number correctly because that is more important in this form.
- After filling up the application form, you are supposed to attach a photocopy of your Aadhar card with it.
- The above step is important because in offline process it is important to submit the photocopy for proper verification.
- Enclose everything in the document and submit the application form in your respective bank.
- The form will be kept for further processing.
- You will be notified about each step by post or through text message on the number which is registered with your bank account.
- After verification and final processing, you will be notified.
Therefore, after looking at all these facts we can come to conclusion that linkng Aadhar card with bank account is extremely important. In order to keep your finances systematic and track everything properly, you can link this unique identification number with account. By doing this, you can easily enjoy the benefits from various schemes launched by the Government of India.