The National Scholarship portal was launched by Government of India to provide the scholarship to the candidates from the poor financial background. Today, the cost of higher education is increasing and the cost will keep increasing in the coming days. There are many deserving candidates and if they get the chance to study, can do a good job for themselves and for the future of the country. With the help of National Scholarship Portal, the candidates can apply for the scholarship directly by visiting the website. It is an efficient and transparent way to avail the educational scholarship.
This Government of India’s initiative aims at providing a Simplified, Mission-oriented, Accountable, Responsive & Transparent “SMART” system for Scholarship Applications and delivery of funds into beneficiaries account.
Features of National Scholarship Portal
The salient features of National Scholarship Portal are as follows:
- The students can apply for the scholarship in online mode from anywhere and anytime.
- The students will receive User Id and Password with the help of which they can track/view the status of their Application Form.
- If any student wants to renew their Application Form, then they can do the same by using same User Id and Password.
- The students have to upload required documents (income certificate, mark sheet, bank account details, Category certificate and Caste certificate etc.) to support the claim for the scholarship.
- There is a provision of email/SMS alert to the Institution and students which helps to know the status of the Application at various stage.
- The Institutes can renew the Application Form by importing the previous year Application.
- The stakeholders like Institute and students will receive Unique Id and Password.
- The Scholarship Sanctioning Authority can easily deliver the scholarship fund.
- The Scholarship fund is directly credited to the beneficiary’s bank account.
- The Department and the State Authority monitors the scholarship in an easy way.
Important Dates of National Scholarship Portal
|PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child||10th March 2018|
|PG Scholarship University Rank Holders||10th March 2018|
|PG scholarship for SC/ST Students for Pursuing Professional courses||10th March 2018|
|Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) For Obc Students-Bihar||20th March 2018|
|Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) For St Students-Bihar||20th March 2018|
|Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) For Sc Students-Bihar||20th March 2018|
|Nec Merit Scholarship Tripura Open From||12th March 2018|
Application Form of National Scholarship Portal
The candidates eligible to avail the scholarship can fill the Scholarship Form by visiting the website of the National Scholarship Portal. The Application Form for the scholarship is available in online mode only. The candidates can check the website for the status of their Application Form.
Steps to fill the Application Form for Scholarship
The method to fill the Scholarship Application Form is given below:
- Visit the website of the National Scholarship Portal.
- Find the link of New User Register at the home page of National Scholarship portal.
- Fill the required details to register yourself.
- After the registration process, a Student Id will be generated.
- Use the Student Id and Date of Birth to login to your account.
- Find the scholarship Application Form link and open it.
- The Scholarship Application Form will consist of the details like Registration Details, Academic Details and Basic Details.
- Save the details and continue to the next page.
- Fill the contact details and Scheme Details.
- Upload the required documents and click on the ‘Submit’.
- This will finally submit the Scholarship Application Form.