Apple just made the iOS 10 available for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. At the WWDC 2016 that occurredbetween 13 to 17 June, Apple announced the release of iOS 10. A couple of days later theDeveloper Beta 1 of iOS 10 was launched which was primarily aimed at developers and notfor general public. Recently Apple made iOS 10 Public Beta version available prompting users to take a test drive of the new operating system. In this post, we are going to show you how to download and install iOS 10 Public Beta version.
The new operating system will be released to the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV and Apple Watch, this fall. The all new OS comes with a number of new features like:
Lock screen enhancements: It’ll allow users to simply pick up their phone to wake up and view notifications without having to touch the screen.
Messages: The new Messages app is designed for much more expressive and powerful animations including confetti, balloons, and fireworks. The comes secrecy via an invisible ink that allows users to send a message or image that only reveals itself when the person on the other end swipes over it.
Widgets: The new iOS has added widgets to the far left screen. The new widgetsare rich with features and can be created using 3D Touch.
Siri: Siri will interact and assist with more thatApple’s stock apps or select partners. Siri will come with a few other perks too.
iOS 10 Compatibility
- iPad Pro
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air
- iPad 4th generation
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 2
- iPod touch 6th generation
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5
How to download and install iOS 10 Public Beta:
- To have access to the new OS, Apple users willhave to follow a couple of steps, telling them what they need to do:
- First off, go to the official Apple beta software page and sign up for the program where you can testeither macOS Sierra (Mac users) or iOS 10 (iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users).
- Now you’ll need to downloadan iOS 10 Beta Software configuration profile. Follow this link,tap the “Download Profile” button, when the “Choose a Device” appears,choose “iPhone”. Next, hit “Install”located on the upper right of the screen.
- Next, you’ll be prompted to restart your device.
- After rebooting, you’ll find iOS 10 installed in your device. Go Settings>General>Software Update and tap Download and follow all the prompts.
- Your device is ready with the new iOS 10. But remember its only a beta copy. You’d later have to download the full version when to comes out. Also if you feel the iOS10 beta isn’t your cup of tea then just restore your device.
Apple had publicly claimed that the iOS 10 would be the biggest release till date.Craig Federighi, Apple’s senior vice president of Software Engineeringsaid:“iOS 10 is our biggest release ever, with delightful new ways to express yourself in Messages, a native app for Home automation and beautifully redesigned apps for Music, Maps, and News that are more intuitive and more powerful, making everything you love about your iPhone and iPad even better.”
He further added,“iOS 10 adds Siri intelligence into QuickType and Photos, automates your home with the new Home app and opens up Siri, Maps, Phone and Messages to developers — while increasing security and privacy with powerful technologies like Differential Privacy.”
Have you installed iOS 10 on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch? Let us know of your experience in the comment section below.