The Civilisation franchise has finally announced their latest turn-based strategy video game dubbed as ‘Sid Meier’s Civilization VI’ is getting released for PC on 21 October, 2016. As of now only a few details along with the official trailer have been revealed which includes a certain new feature called ‘active research’, a new means to research technologies.
In a recent interview by Dennis Shirk, the lead producer, said, “Everything that Civilization players have loved in ‘Civilization V,’ we’re bringing forward, in addition to putting on the new gameplay from ‘Civilization VI.’ It’ll be like a warm blanket.”
The game will allow players to build and expand their empire, advance their culture as well as compete some of the greatest leaders in their world. Building these cities are going to be difficult as players will have to expand their settlements into various district and along the way they’ll gain new titles and more responsibility. One of the highlights of the Civilisation VI is that it’ll allow players to progress from the Stone Age to the Information Age.
Take #OneMoreTurn in Civilization VI, coming to PC on October 21, 2016.
— Civilization VI (@CivGame) May 11, 2016
Check out – Sims 5: Latest Leaks and Release Date
It’s been officially announced that the upcoming game will include the following features:
- Expansive Empires — See the marvels of your empire spread across the map like never before. Each city spans multiple tiles so you can custom build your cities to take full advantage of the local terrain.
- Active Research — Unlock boosts that speed your civilization’s progress through history. To advance more quickly, use your units to actively explore, develop your environment, and discover new cultures.
- Dynamic Diplomacy — Interactions with other civilizations change over the course of the game, from primitive first interactions where conflict is a fact of life, to late game alliances and negotiations.
- Combined Arms — Expanding on the “one unit per tile” design, support units can now be embedded with other units, like anti-tank support with infantry, or a warrior with settlers. Similar units can also be combined to form powerful “Corps” units.
- Enhanced Multi-player — In addition to traditional multi-player modes, cooperate and compete with your friends in a wide variety of situations, all designed to be easily completed in a single session.
- A Civilization For All Players — “Civilization VI” provides veteran players new ways to build and tune their civilization for the greatest chance of success. New tutorial systems introduce new players to the underlying concepts so they can easily get started.
Check out the official trailer here: