Bike lovers of India waiting eagerly to welcome BMW G 310 while the undergoing the bike goes through testing on Indian road since its debut at the Auto Expo 2016 in February. Indo-German alliance of BMW Motorrad and TVS Motor Company and was first showcased in Brazil last year. No doubt this joint venture may prove to be revolutionary in the automotive industry of India.Before the release of this Indo-German alliance for BMW G 310 R 5 take a look at this upcoming creation:
- As the bike belongs to Germany the styling, design and development of the motorcycle will be done in Germany only.
- This BMW motorcycle to be made in India is the first to be manufactured outside Europe. The measurement of the bike will be like this. 1,988mm in length, 896mm in width, 1,227mm in height and has a wheelbase of 1,374mm. It bike comes with a 300mm disc brake at the front, and a 240mm disc brake at the rear. G 310 R is an all-new 313cc liquid-cooled single cylinder engine with four valves and two overhead camshafts, together with electronic fuel injection. It can produce the power of 33.5bhp at 9,500rpm and with a maximum torque of 28Nm at 7,500rpm, mated to a six-speed gearbox.
- G 310 R is known for its big and brawny motorcycles and is present in India with its full range of Sport, Tour, and Roadster and Enduro categories. It comes in three colours namely Pearl White Metallic, Cosmic Black and Strato Blue Metallic.
- G 310 R will take on the likes of KTM Duke 390 and Mahindra Mojo, and is expected to come with a price of about Rs. 2.5 lakh.
- The main competition that this bike is going to face is from Honda CBR250 and Kawasaki Ninja 300 which is ruling in India for a few years now. Some other competitive brands are recently launched Mahindra’s Mojo.
The bike is in huge demand, and people are eagerly waiting for it. So just a few days of waiting to get the posh bike running in India’s road. For more such articles stick to Fab News.