BITSAT 2017: The Birla Institute of Technology and Science situated in Pilani is all set to conduct the Admission Test across the nation for those candidates who tend to pursue higher studies in Science and Technology. This year BITSAT 2017 will have as many as 2 lakhs candidates applying for the exam thus making it even more popular than before. Rendering upon three campuses in various cities, BITS courses offered can be taken availed in Pilani campus, Goa campus and Hyderabad campus. The institute is primarily known for its wide-ranged science backed subjects for the field of B.Sc, M.Sc, B.Pharma, B.E. and so on. So, let’s discuss regarding the filling up an application form, exam date, schedule, paper pattern and so on given below.
BITSAT 2017 Application Form: How to Fill Up
- Visit the official website of BITS.
- Now click on “application form of BITSAT 2017” option.
- Then fill the required details accordingly with all the pivotal points intact and appropriate.
- Make payments of Rs. 2750/- and Rs. 2250/- for female candidates through e-challan or bank cards in the online format.
- One can make direct payments via any nearest ICICI Bank branch and pay the required amount.
- After fulfilling all the formalities, one can take a print out of it and keep it with self.
- The admit cards will be distributed before the main exam on the basis of application no.
BITSAT 2017 Admit Card: How to Collect
- Visit the official site of BITS Pilani.
- Click on “Distribution of Admit Card for BITSAT 2017” option.
- Now fill in required details like Application No./Enrollment No.; DOB; Security Key.
- Click on submit button and get your admit card for the exam.
- Download it in PDF format or take a print out and keep it safely.
- Admit Card will help you in picking up the seat during the main exam.
BITSAT 2017: Exam Schedule
- The exam will be conducted in computer based mode or online mode.
- It will comprise of 4 sections such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology and English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning (clubbed together).
- To be conducted for 3 hours at stretch, BITSAT 2017 may commence from 16th May to 30th May.
- Filling up of Application Form has already begun from 29th December which will end on 6th March.
- One can get it corrected again which starts from 7th to 10th March.
- Booking of exam slot will begin from 20th March to 5th April.
- The results will be declared on 20th May which will continue till 30th June, as per seat availability.
BITSAT 2017: Paper Pattern
The respective exam covers four vital subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Maths or Biology and the English Language included with Logical Reasoning. Combined all together, the total marks that could be obtained are 450 marks backed by 150 questions which are evenly distributed among all the sections. The list has been provided below.
- Physics carries 40 questions with 3 marks each and 1 mark for the wrong answer.
- Chemistry comes with 40 questions with 3 marks on correct and 1 negative mark for an incorrect answer.
- Maths or Biology carries 45 questions with same options as above.
- English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning carries 25 questions with 15 and 10 distributed respectively. Positive and negative marking comes with this section too.
- There are almost 20 to 30 sections each which ought to be covered while preparing for BITSAT 2017 as any one of them may be asked in the exam.
- Questions unattempted carries zero marks.
Exam Criteria of BITSAT 2017
- Candidate willing to appear in BITSAT 2017 needs to be a school pass out or equivalent to it.
- The candidate should have a good score in Std. 11th and 12th with Science background to the least.
- Intermediate/Std. 12th score should minimum be 75% at any cost. Students having a low score than 75% may not apply in the exam as they won’t be eligible for it, at all.
- Those applying tend to come from Physics Chemistry Biology (PCB) or Physics Chemistry Maths (PCM) background along with a good hold on English.
- Those who are still or at present in Std. XII can apply in BITSAT 2017 needless the score ought to be more than 75%.
- Candidates who have passed St. 12th exam in 2015 or before are NOT eligible for appearing in the exam.
- Candidates applying for B.Phrama course have a flexible option as they may not come from PCB with English background in Std. 12th or intermediate from any recognized board or equivalent to it.
- However, Science background is MUST for applying in BITS courses.
So, with a maximum of students choosing BITS Pilani as their preferred institute for pursuing higher education in the field of Pharma, Science, Engineering, etc. the exam criteria and standards settle at a bit higher ones as compared to other central governed examinations. Therefore, candidates appearing in BITSAT 2017 can go through all the details provided as it will be beneficial, in all ways.