A much expected and welcome news for Apple and Wearable enthusiasts is here. Apple’s launching of the new Apple Watch Series 2 at the currently ongoing event in San Francisco and just made the original Apple Watch much more available. After the launch of the premium new wearable for Apple which is priced at a hefty $369, Apple also announced that the original Apple Watch is being upgraded with a faster dual-core processor. All at a new price of just $269 which is a pretty brilliant deal for something as classy as Apple’s first device in the wearable industry.
A few key features of the Apple Watch Series 1:
- The wearable device consists of fitness-tracking capabilities that are similar to Fitbit, and must be used in combination with an iPhone
- The Apple Watch comes in four collections namely Apple Watch Sport, Apple Watch, Apple Watch Edition, and Apple Watch Hermès and features two case sizes: 38 mm (1.5 in) and 42 mm (1.7 in).
- The wearable was categorised as a splash-proof device by Apple implying that it can withstand a decent amount of water exposure but in form of splashes only.
- All versions of the Apple Watch have 8 GB of storage; the operating system allows the user to store up to 2 GB of music and 75 MB of photos.
- Apple Watch runs watchOS and is capable of receiving notifications, messages, and phone calls via a paired iPhone.
The drop in the price of the Apple Watch Series 1 might definitely push a lot of Wearable enthusiasts who are reluctant to shell out $369, to opt for the first wearable introduced by Apple.
And by the looks of it, a handsome deal it is.