Table of Contents
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi has finally announced the AIIMS MBBS 2017 exam date which will include the examination for the Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS-2017) on their official website. AIIMS is a group of 7 institutions boasting the name of AIIMS in India. These medical institutions providing the medical (MBBS/MD/MS/Nursing/Paramedical/Health Science) education.
AIIMS MBBS 2017: Eligibility Criteria
- The eligibility criteria for all medical courses offered by the AIIMS is slightly different. Here we are informing about MBBS eligibility criteria prescribed by AIIMS. Before applying for exam, candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must be completed the age of 17 years on 31st December of the year of admission.
- Candidates must be cleared 12th or equivalent exam from any recognized board with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects with securing minimum 60% marks for General & OBC candidates and 50% marks for SC/ST/OPH Candidates.
- Candidates appearing in 12th or equivalent exam are also eligible to apply.
AIIMS MBBS 2017: Educational Qualification
- All the candidates interested in applying need to be intermediate (class 12) pass from a recognised state board/university with a minimum of 60 per cent in aggregate.
- However, the candidates from a reserved category will get 10 per cent relaxation in marks.
AIIMS MBBS 2017: Selection Procedure
Candidates will be selected on the basis of marks obtained in the written examination.
AIIMS MBBS 2017: Important Dates to Remember
AIIMS Application form start date: Third week of February 2017
The last date to submit the application form: Third week of March 2017
AIIMS Admit Card availability– First week of May 2017
AIIMS MBBS Entrance Test– 28th May 2017
AIIMS Result announcement– 14th June 2017
First Counselling: 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th July 2017
Second Counselling: 3rd August 2017
Third Counselling: 5th September 2017
Open Counselling (if required): 26th September 2017 AIIMS MBBS
How to apply for AIIMS MBBS 2017
All the candidates need to apply online
Fill in all the details in the prescribed format
AIIMS MBBS 2017 Syllabus Pattern
- It will be a computer based test
- The duration of the examination will be of 3 hours 30 minutes
- Examination will have one paper consisting of 200 objective type (multiple choice and reason-assertion type) questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge.
Question will be provided in this subject based pattern
Biology (Botany & Zoology)-60
General Knowledge/Aptitude- 20
For each correct answer, candidates will get one mark
There would be negative marking
No credit will be given for the questions not answered.
Kinetic Theory of Gases
Physics of the Atom: Thermodynamics: Work and heat, first law of Thermodynamics.
Wave Motion: Optics
Section A: General & Inorganic Chemistry:
Molecule and Chemical Bond
Periodic Properties of Elements
Structure of Atom
Section B: Organic Chemistry:
Chemistry of Elements and Compounds
Section C: Physical Chemistry:
State of Matter
Anatomy and Physiology
Diversity of Animal Life
Genetics and Evolution (Fundamentals only): (symbiosis)
Absorption and cell water relations, transport of water and minerals.
Anatomy and Physiology of Plants: Meristems-Plant growth and development.
Botany and Human Welfare
History, Importance, Factors and mechanism
Internal and external regulators of growth and development in plants
Internal structure of dicot and monocot leaves photosynthesis.
Internal structure of dicot and monocot roots
Internal structure of stem and secondary growth
Transpiration and respiration
Tropic and turgor movements
Xylem and Phloem-their cell elements and functions
Punch line of companies
Top officials of big companies
Major corporate events
Famous award and prizes
Books and authors
Please click to this link of the official site for information