The Internet of Things services is – in layman’s terms – the concept of connecting every device, service, and any other relevant ‘thing’ to the internet. All these things are connected to a universal IoT solutions that filters and collects any and all applicable data to improve and optimize IoT services and devices that are connected to the relevant IoT platform. This can subsequently be used to find different Internet of Things solutions that can improve the overall quality of their IoT services and products.
There are five critical uses of the Internet of Things services in a business, which are as follows:
- Common IoT platform for a large-scale product: For a product or service that is being produced on a large scale (for example, a specific consumer product being produced in different factories across the country/world), having a common IoT platform is beneficial to collect sufficient data about their product. This is especially true if said product has been newly introduced and the company wishes to gather its relevant information through real-world application.
- Improving and optimizing said product through Internet of Things solutions: By collecting the usage data of various IoT services over time, companies can figure out the multiple inconveniences, problems, bugs, glitches and a host of other issues that can arise over time. One of the primary Internet of Things solutions is to figure out common problems occurring for various customers and locating the source of this problem. This can be faulty software, production errors or a simple human mistake among others.
- Streamlined inventory tracking and management: Figuring out the source of a defective unit in a product is just one of the many ways that IoT solutions can streamline a company’s inventory tracking and management. The overall productivity of a particular factory, the overall satisfaction of a product from said factory, the number of workers employed in this factory – these are just a few of the many variables that can be figured out and correlated with different production units of the same company. This will ultimately help them find the best method to optimize and streamline inventory tracking and management.
- Increased speed and efficiency: With the integration of IoT platforms and solutions in a business, a company can drastically improve the speed and efficiency of its work. By avoiding errors and streamlining inventory management (among others), it is pretty much evident that the working of the business will see a steady increase due to the constant optimization of the various individual cogs that collectively run a business.
- Increased pressure to improve overall security: Utilizing and enhancing the Internet of Things solutions is the obvious way for growing businesses to expand their overall scope. However, the question of security becomes quite significant when one discusses the connection of consumer information to a standard IoT platform. This can be a negative or a positive thing based on the attitude of the business. If this is seen as a challenge, then the company must devote some of its resources to increase the overall security of this platform, and ensure that the private data of their customers remain anonymous to the public eye.
- Improved automotive solutions: The automotive industry will see a ton of benefits with the advent of IoT technology since it will primarily enable this industry to incorporate automotive IoT solutions and improve the overall services that they can provide to customers. This will allow them to make sure that there are little to no problems that will adversely affect them in the grand scheme of things, by integrating the technology of the future like a connected car system, V2X technology, and self-driving technology, to name a few.
It is pretty evident that IoT solutions will become the societal norm in a short while, and the points mentioned above detail out the significant implications of this shift in the digital landscape through the widespread adoption of this revolutionary technology. Companies like Harman are ensuring that there are little to no problems that will adversely affect industries who are adopting this technology.