2017 Hyundai Grand i10: Hyundai launched the all new Grand i10 facelift in India this month. Since it’s unveiling in the Paris Motor Show in 2016, the facelift version of i10 was making lot of noise among the car enthusiast in India. So here are the 10 important information which you need to know before you buy the car.
2017 Hyundai Grand i10 Top 10 Facts
- The new version comes with a more powerful engine of 1.2 litre diesel engine instead of 1.1. The power goes up to 74 bhp @ 190.2 Nm torque which is higher than the previous one. Though the petrol version carries the same 1.2 litre Kappa engine with 81 bhp @ 114 Nm torque.
- The new version comes with a 5-speed manual transmission gear box in both petrol and diesel version and the petrol version also get an optional 4-speed automatic gearbox.
- The facelift is launched to replace the i10 globally. The car is known as only Hyundai i10 in Europe, whereas the Indian version is named as Hyundai Grand i10. There are lot of changes made in the car’s interior and exterior-mainly to give a more classy and edgy look. The Indian launched model missed out many features of the global one and hence as far as design is concerned, it has a lot of similarities with its older version.
- As per the front exterior of the Hyundai Grand i10 is concerned, the facelift version comes with new design hexagonal grille with thick black sack running across it, stylish headlamps and daytime LED lights. There is change in the design of the front bumper also. The fog lamps have been placed in an L-shaped housing and the new model also gets a new front Air curtains.
- The new version comes with a new wheel design. The global version comes with a diamond cut alloy wheels, whereas in case of Indian version, the diamond wheel is present only in the higher version. The basic model only gets a new wheel cap.
- There are also changes in the rear section of the car. There is redesigned in the tail-lamps and roof mounted spoiler. Subtle restyling is also done in the rear bumper segment.
- There are also many cosmetic updates in the interior of the Hyundai Grand i10. While the main structure of the cabin of the car remains the same, there are few subtle changes have been made to give a whole new sporty look inside the cabin.
- The interior feature gets a whole lot of changes in the newer version. Starting from a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with smartphone connectivity to Apple car play and Android Auto and mirror link along with voice command support, the car adopts the new gen technology inside. Also features like automatic climate control and rear ac vents are incorporate inside the car.
- The new Grand i10 offers advanced safety features like dual airbags, ABS, reverse parking sensors and cameras with display on screen.
- The price of the new version is tad lower than its previous one. The price varies from 4.58 Lakhs to 7.32 Lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi). The competitors in India are the likes of Maruti Suzuki Swift, Ford Figo etc.
Hyundai Grand i10 was one of the top seller cars in Hyundai’s India line-ups and probable the second most popular cars in India after “Santro” in that price segment. The new version comes with major cosmetic changes as well as mechanical changes. Let’s see how the customers welcome the facelift version of the car.