Toyota is finally launching the 2016 Toyota Fortuner, but with only diesel derivatives in India. Though the release was initially was said to be released at the end of the year. There was even a possibility of the car’s launch to postpone, and 2017 Toyota Fortunermay start its journey at the start of the next year. But for now, it is confirmed that Toyota Fortuner will be released in late 2016. Toyota Fortuner is supposedly releasing two diesel engines: a 2.8-litre unit while the other is a 2.4-litre oil burner. Toyota Fortuner is also known as the Toyota SW4, is a mid-sized SUV. The car is the best selling in its category and is hugely popular in Thailand, the Philippines, and in India.
But both the cars facing a Supreme Court ban that bars the selling of cars fitted with diesel engine above 2,000cc in capacity, as a part of their new pollution control policy.
2016 Toyota Fortuner Specifications
- Dimensions: 4705mm (L)X 1840mm (W) X 1850 mm (H)
- Wheelbase: 2750 mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 80 liters
- Seating Capacity: 7 seaters
- Engine:D-4D Diesel with Intercooler Turbocharger Cylinders In-line
- Output: 148bhp along with 200Nm of peak torque while the latter can churn out 175bhp and 450 Nm of torque (2.4-litre engine), 175bhp and 450 Nm of torque (2.8-litre engine)
- Transmission: 5 Speed Manual, 5 Speed Manual
- Comfort: Automatic Dual A/C, LCD Touchscreen, Bluetooth, USB, Aux-in and 6 speakers
- SRS Front Airbags
- Automatic Climate Control
- Leather seats and trim
There is also a 2.7-litre petrol motor, but it will not release in India now. The manufacturer brand wants to wait till a concrete decision has been made regarding the same before it launches the next-gen Toyota Fortuner in India. Maybe they want to see the business, and the possibility of a good remuneration from its diesel version and ten take the next step. The car has slated its price around INR 25lakh to INR 30lakh. The car will be available in Attitude Black, Bronze Mica Metallic, Grey Metallic, Super White, Silky Gold Mica Metallic, Silver Metallic and Pearl White.