When it come to the megastar of B-town, we are all aware of the multitalented iconic starShah Rukh Khan. Recently, he celebrated his 51st birthday and like every other time his devoted fans gathered at his Mannat bungalow just to get a glimpse of the superstar. It is a fact that this star celebrity worked super hard just to reach the position he is right now, as having a wax figure at the Madame Tussauds wax museum London is not a piece of cake. This iconic personality gained recognition for his performance in Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, apart from gaining the title of “The Tom Cruise of Bollywood”. His fan following is not only restricted to Bollywood, as because of his outstanding performances in movies the UK media called him to be the world’s biggest film star. With his powerful personality, he gained the name of Badshah of Bollywood. However, there are few things about this superstar that we are not aware of. Here at Fabnewz we come up with 10 lesser known facts about King Khan, that will make you raise an eyebrow.
10 Lesser-known Facts about King Khan
- We all know King Khan by the name of Shah Rukh Khan, lesser do we know that his name wasAbdul Rahman, given by his Nani, which was later changed to Shah Rukh Khan by his father.
- Shah Rukh Khan did not think about a career in the film industry initially, as he wanted to join the Indian Army. Due to his mother’s apparent refusal of letting him pursue that career, Shah Rukh Khan gave up the thought. Later his dream was fulfilled, when he got the opportunity to play the role of an army man in a serial named Fauji.
- Before Shah Rukh Khan was eager with his career in the film industry, he was offered a film by Harry Baweja as well as actress Esha Deol’s cousin, but he did not take up the offer.
- This super talented star has a unique phobia that will amaze us. He has the phobia named Equinophobia which is the fear of horses.
- Shah Rukh Khan is very particular about his diet and is know to be very strict regarding it. He says a big ‘No’ to dishes that have butter. Apart from this, he maintains his good health with regular workouts and can even run for 15 km without a break.
- As a teenager, he had an affinity towards watching movies, and his mother used this as a bait to help him increase his grades in the subject Hindi, which actually worked.
- Shah Rukh Khan in his initial days when he was working his way towards the film industry, had to support himself financially by doing several odd jobs. He used to run a restaurant in Darya Ganj and even worked as an usher at a Pankaj Udhas concert, where he was paid Rs 50 per day.
- When he came to Mumbai to start his career, he got a lot of support fromViveck Vaswani and Hema Malini who helped him in knowing the who’s who of B-town.
- One of the strangest things done by the King of Bollywood his odd habit of sleeping in well-ironed pyjamas. As according to him, one must be always dressed properly to encounter anyone in their dreams.
- This mega star is known to have been nominated 226 times in various Bollywood awards, and he has bagged 207 of these awards.He is also known for winning the best actor award 29 times.
With these facts about our favourite King of Romance, we are sure that his fans got to know a little bit more about this iconic personality. Shah Rukh Khan has a large fan base not only in India but overseas as well, and his devoted fans eagerly anticipate his upcoming movies like Raees, Dear Zindagi and Koochi koochi Hota Hai to hit the theatres soon. Our entire team from Fabnewz wish Shah Rukh Khan a very Happy Birthday and wish that he keeps entertaining us with his charming smile and outstanding performance in movies in the future.